Welcome to Shelby Energy Cooperative!
We are happy to help you begin your new project.
Once you have determined your electric service provider, please contact Shelby Energy Cooperative at 800-292-6585, visit our office or complete the electronic Application for Service above.
When you call, a Billing & Customer Service Specialist (CSS) will create your member account.
Billing & Customer Service will request:
- Your contact information
- Your new service address
- Deposit (if applicable*)
Your request will be sent to our Engineering and Staking Technicians.
You will be contacted by a Staking Technician within one (1) week to schedule an on-site visit.
The Staking Technician will request:
- Any advanced line fees and deposits be paid (if applicable)
- Notarized Landowner Easements
- Completed Electrical Load Data Sheet
Dependent upon the initial site assessment and approval by a Shelby Energy Cooperative Staking Technician the member must complete the following:
1. Install conduit/pole/ditch per SEC specifications (available below)
2. Contact Shelby Energy for a ditch inspection
3. Complete State Electrical Inspection
4. Contact Shelby Energy Cooperative for Final Inspection.
Once approved, your service will be scheduled for construction and service will be connected.
Things to remember:
- There is no membership fee. A deposit is required but may be waived if the consumer shows satisfactory credit or payment history. Required deposits may be returned after one year if the member has established a satisfactory payment record for that period.
- All fees and deposits must be paid and proper legal documents completed and returned before construction can be scheduled. Timely responses are encouraged.
- Engineering, scheduling and construction of the work will vary depending upon the complexity of the job, as well as Shelby Energy Cooperative’s current workload.
- This information is provided as a guideline. Each project is unique and requirements may vary.