Shelby Energy Territory Explore Rates & Services Additional Services
New Service Location (New Construction)
Once you have determined that your electric service is provided by Shelby Energy Cooperative, please contact our office at 800-292-6585.
Understand the process:
- When you call, a Billing & Customer Service Specialist will create your member account. Please provide all contact information and deposits (if applicable).
- Your request will be sent to our Engineering Department for mapping and planning.
- Within one week, you will be contacted by a Staking Technician to schedule an on-site visit.
- You should provide the Staking Technician with 1) Any Advanced Line Fees and/or Required Deposits, 2) Notarized Landowner Easements, 3) Complete Electrical Load Data Sheet
- Dependent on the initial site assessment and approval by the Shelby Energy Staking Technician, the member must complete the following before service can be connected:
- Install conduit/pole/ditch per SEC Specifications
- Contact Shelby Energy for ditch inspection
- Complete State Electrical Inspection
- Contact Shelby Energy for final inspection
6. Once approved, the service connection will be scheduled through our Operations Department.
Things to remember:
- There is no membership fee. A deposit is required but may be waived if the member shows satisfactory credit or payment history. Required deposits may be returned after one year if the member has established a satisfactory payment record for that period
- All fees and deposits must be paid and proper legal documents completed and returned before construction can be scheduled. Your timely response to requests is appreciated.
- The timeline for engineering, inspections and construction will vary depending upon the complexity of the job, as well as Shelby Energy's current workload.
- This information provided is a guideline. Each project is unique and requirements may vary.