HEAT PUMP RETROFIT PROGRAM
The Heat Pump Retrofit Program provides incentives for members to replace their existing resistance heat source with a heat pump.
• Incentive only applies when homeowner’s primary source of heat is an electric resistance heat furnace, ceiling cable heat, baseboard heat, electric thermal storage.
• Existing heat source must be at least 2 years old.
• New manufactured homes are eligible for the incentive.
• Two (2) maximum incentive payments per location, per lifetime for centrally ducted systems.
• Ducted and Ductless mini-splits applying for the incentive will be incentivized at a rate of$250 per indoor head unit up to a maximum of three head units per location, per lifetime.
• Participants in the Heat Pump Retrofit Program are not eligible for participation in the ENERGY STAR® Manufactured Home Program.
Federal Minimum Standard : $500
Split System (14 SEER/8.2 HSPF)
Package Unit (14 SEER/8.0 HSPF)
Energy Star Level: $750
Split System (15 SEER/8.5 HSPF)
Package Unit (15 SEER/8.2 HSPF)
Mini-Split: $250 per indoor head
*maximum three head units
Things to Remember:
- Prior to removing the existing equipment, the member must contact Shelby Energy. A representative will inspect and verify the existing equipment is an electric resistance heat source.
- Replacing a Heat Pump with a Heat Pump does not qualify the member for this rebate.
- The existing heat source must be electric. Gas heating will not qualify. See Eligibility requirements.
- The member must provide an official AHRI Certificate once the new equipment is installed in order to qualify.